- World Biking gives Taiwan its endorsement as a bicycle travel destination. According to the authors:
Taiwan is a good choice for a short bicycle touring holiday or as part of a longer Asia tour. Biking Taiwan can be as easy or as difficult as you want to make it. If you want a challenge, hit the mountains and cycle one of the cross island roads. If you want to take it a little easier, stick to biking the quiet roads of Taiwan’s east coast.
All in all, cycling Taiwan poses few difficulties. You rarely have to cycle long distances without services, roads are in good condition and the country is safe enough that you can camp just about anywhere.
- Congratulations to Taiwan's Hsiao Mei-yu. Hsiao finished first in the 500m Track final and sixth place overall in the UCI Track World Cup Womens cycling competion in Beijing. Hsiao has really cemented her stature in the sport on the world stage.
- Outside Online has a great article on tracking bike thieves. I hate thieves the way Indiana Jones hates Nazis and snakes.
- The Adventure Blog wants your cycling movies! The third annual Ciclismo Bike Travel Film Festival is looking for your best work. Deadline is March 1st.
- The film Bicycle Dreams about the RAAM (Race/Ride Across AMerica) is being screened. Still not the same without Jure.
- Bicycle Super Highway? Sweden has the right idea.
- Royal Tennenbaum injured while riding without a helmet. Gene Hackman suffered minor injuries while teaching the grandkids how to mix it up.
- Will The Cannibal eat his words? Merckx on the state of cycling.
- Red Kite Prayer dishes on the top three Gruppos. You asked for it... and you got it. Dura Ace, Super Record and RED in a Texas-style cage match.
- Mark V. on the Cervelo R3.