Their journey was inspired by the novel "Journey to the West," which both of them had read in their childhood. The novel, a fictional account of the legendary journey by famous Chinese monk Hsuan Tsang, is the tale of a group of pilgrims making a strenuous journey from China to India in search of sacred Buddhist texts; it also described their encounters with various monsters and demons along the way.
Taiwan Biking Links:
- Michael at The View From Taiwan has some wonderful photos of his Lunar New Year full of fabulous rides despite the terrible weather. I was fortunate enough to join him on a couple of these rides.
- Cafe Terry tries to kill off some of Taichung's better cycling talent in a freezing and wet ride up to Gu Guan.
- Satin Cesena has a wonderful report on the award winners from the Annual Innovative Products competition in the lead up to the 2011 Taipei Cycle.
- Don't forget to read Bicycle Sidewalk's report from his holiday on the bike. He may have spent more time in the saddle than visiting family. Excellent pictures too.
- Champion of bike helmets takes the helm at Health Bureau.
- Taiwan's Hsieh Yi-jung takes a bronze in cycling at the Asian Cycling Championships.
World Cycling Links:
My New Bike Status:
- Taylor Phinney, the nominated savior of American cycling, is scheduled to make his long awaited professional debut in the upcoming Tour of Oman.
- Bad Blood? Botched transfusion lands Italian Olympian Riccardo Ricco. Apparently Ricco tried to pump his veins full of blood that was way past its expiration date and landed in the hospital.
- Cycling With Eddie looks at the one cycling partner who is always ready for a ride-- PAIN.
- Dave Horton discusses cycling culture.
- Ukiah Blog wants you to talk cycling to a conservative.... You know those guys who love to cut cycling from the transportation grid.
I haven't heard anything in a while. I hope that's good.
The tube tuning is as follows:
Agility: Race Spec.
Drivetrain Stiffness: 8 of 10 (9 is pure racer)
Vertical Compliance: About the same as oversized aluminum
Weight to Performance: In The Sweet Spot