The Taiwan Tourism Bureau is offering vouchers and other perks for holders of North American passports. U.S. and Canadian passport holders are eligible to receive $100 in travel vouchers and perks that include:
Special discounts and free offers include free companion bus fare on one of four popular sightseeing tours, free airport pick-up and drop-off, free bicycle rentals, authentic local specialty pineapple cake and tea gift sets, and relaxing foot massage.
That is right... free bike rentals and a foot massage. Details here!
Taiwan Bike Links:
- Taiwan Cycle is coming March 16-19. Who will win the Design Competition?
- Nathan spends his Lunar New Year biking Hualien. I would love to be out there.
- Cycling Satin Cesena examines the old beaters and utility bikes that are used and abused around Taiwan.
- Team Neko has a full New Year schedule planned.
- Seeing as most of you will be engaging in the Taiwanese New Year tradition of watching television with family... keep your eyes peeled for Rocky Huang of T-Mosiac. he is starring in another commercial.
Around The Horn:
- The Flaming Scotsman? Graeme Obree, the cycling legend who famously broke world records with a homemade bicycle made of washing machine parts, has finally come out as gay. I hope this will bring him some peace. After two failed suicide attempts this should make his struggles less complicated and I hope he finds a world of support. The only problem with being gay... is having to live in a world filled with so many sad, bigoted and hateful people. Go Graeme!
- Emma Pooley wants you to look at women... on television. Women cycling is poised to take off and Pooley contends the market is ripe for broadcasters to give women some exposure.
- Pedal Powered Porsche. WOW!
- Vos beats Compton in Women's cyclocross World Championship. Stybar gets another championship before joining Quickstep on the road. He may end up looking like a young Roger De Vlaeminck, who made his name on the cyclocross circuit before challenging Eddy Merckx in the classics.
- Huffington Post on Fighting Bicycle Backlash.