- 96 years old and still riding. Gramps is still a force on the bike.
- Landis too little too late.
- Boy Wonder: Taylor Phinney arrives on the scene in a big way.
- To win you must first get beet.
- Contador vows to take his ball and go home.
- Tour de France can not be won without drugs or exposure to gamma radiation, radio active spider bites, strange asteroids or being born on the planet Krypton.
- Recovery Rides: Injured veterans ride 463 miles for rehabilitation.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
I have had a lot on my mind lately and a lot of serious things are going on right now with my family, and I really didn't want to go for a ride tonight. I knew it would be the right thing to do and I forced myself to go. I am glad I did. I started out pretty well, but I was partially derailed by my train of thought and somehow got turned around toward Nantou and had to lose a little time figuring out my mistake. That little mistake took a little of my competitive edge off the ride, but I still managed to do ok. I feel much more relaxed and it really helped relieve the stress.
Max Speed: 30.02mph/48.31kph
Average Speed: 18.9mph/30.41